Job Title: Chief Operations Officer, National Cybersecurity Center
Supervision Received: Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Job Classification: Full time, exempt
Salary Range: $140,000-$160,000 depending upon qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401k
Overall Responsibility: The Chief Operations Officer (COO) supervises all departments and oversees the management of all National Cybersecurity Center (NCC) activities and staff. He/she is responsible for developing and monitoring performance objectives to ensure NCC is meeting its mission, goals, values, and objectives.
- Serve as the NCC’s chief operations strategist, working closely with NCC Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and other senior leaders to develop and execute NCC’s vision, mission, goals, and objectives.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of NCC to ensure efficient and effective delivery of programs and services to clients. Provide leadership to and manage efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
- Identify areas where NCC can improve operations, expand meaningful revenue streams, work with senior leaders to implement change, and make sure each department understands its role in relation to other departments and NCC mission, goals, values, and objectives.
- Manage NCC’s government relations activities, including working with federal, state, and local government officials to promote NCC’s mission. Develop positive working relationships with government and community stakeholders and actively manage relationships with the cybersecurity community in each state where appropriate. Represent the organization at legislative hearings, negotiate with elected officials, agency regulators, and other stakeholders.
- Manage the grant process, from identifying funding opportunities to overseeing grant proposals and ensuring compliance with grant requirements, and reporting on grant activities. Work with program leaders to ensure grant-funded programs meet goals and objectives.
- Oversee the budgeting and financial reporting processes, working with program leaders and CFO to develop and monitor department budgets. Lead annual, monthly, and quarterly budget reviews, and periodic forecasting updates.
- Retain a diverse, highly qualified staff by providing coaching, growth, and personal development for all employees.
- Provide a strong day-to-day leadership presence for the organization and support a staff that mirrors the vision, mission, and values of NCC.
- Ensure compliance with Human Resource laws and regulations and provide leadership and mentoring to developing leaders throughout the organization.
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed, reported, audited, and comply with laws and regulations applicable to NCC.
- Advise the CEO on operations, human resources, financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication with the leadership team and keep the CEO informed of critical issues.
- Work with NCC Board committees and help manage expectations to meet NCC’s mission, goals, values, and objectives.
- Run events and give speeches and oversee NCC communications and marketing departments.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 4-8 years of experience in a leadership role, preferably in operations or business development.
- Knowledge and experience with Space and/or Cyber Domain(s) are required.
- 5+ years of senior management experience in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization, including supervisory responsibilities, community collaboration building, fund development, project management, information systems and technology, government contract administration and negotiation, private funding compliance, and fiscal management.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively to lead the integration of a complex organization and utilizing best practices in management to ensure shared success.
- Significant experience developing and leading teams and working as an effective team member.
- Proven success leading a collaborative strategic planning process and ensuring its effective implementation.
- Experience with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations.
- Experience with revenue generation.
- Strong staff management experience required; the ability and interest to work closely with staff members to set and achieve individual and team goals.
- Experience with Human Resource leadership and compliance.
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills, with a focus on results and impact.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written; ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the NCC, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong initiative and motivation, with the ability to excel in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Professional leader who approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration, regardless of status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; and follows through on commitments.
- Positive, resilient attitude, accountable, and a self-initiator. Strong understanding of government relations and grant management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex operations and budgets.
- Security clearance or ability to attain security clearance is required.
The Chief Operations Officer will play a critical role in the success of National Cybersecurity Center, providing leadership in operations, government relations, and grant management. He/she will work closely with other senior leaders to ensure NCC meets its goals and objective and stays ahead of emerging trends in cybersecurity, space-related activities, and appropriate science, technology, engineering, mathematics (STEM), and computer science educational developments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to Jane Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm on May 5, 2023. For any questions, contact Jane Roberts via email or at (719)255-5224. https://cyber-center.org/