Symantec’s 2018 Internet Security Threat Report (ISTR) came out today and it’s a doozy. Symantec has over 125+ million sensors scattered around the world, recording thousands of threat events every second of every day. Needless to say, we think it’s worth paying attention to the ISTR. A few highlight this year are:
- IoT attacks increased by 600% increase in IoT attacks.
- Cryptojacking explodes by 8,500%, stealing resources and increasing vulnerability.
- Ransomware has become a commodity hack with an increasing number of malware variants and lower prices demanded by the attacker.
- Malware implants in the software supply chain grow by 200%
- Mobile malware variants increase by 54%.
Bottom line, the bad guys are getting more organized and cyberthreats are getting more serious. Our job has never been more important. For more details and to read the full report, click here.